Vet Topics (Spring 2019) now online
The Spring 2019 issue of Vet Topics is now available online. Click here to download a PDF version that includes the following stories:
- A gift to last: The Companion Animal Health Fund (CAHF) has received a generous gift from the estate of Dr. Michael Powell, a beloved small animal veterinarian who served the Saskatoon area for 35 years. His gift will continue to support the WCVM and CAHF for years to come.
- Does Fido really need that antibiotic?: Dr. Trisha Dowling and her WCVM research team have been investigating the effects of using antibiotics in suspected canine UTI cases, the most common bacterial infection in dogs.
- The animal side of critical care: The WCVM small animal emergency and intensive care unit (ICU) is never dull — and the emergency critical care team who care for its patients work tirelessly to help thousands of pets annually.
- Creating a legacy of animal health research: Throughout its 40-year history, the Companion Animal Health Fund has sponsored hundreds of research studies worth thousands of dollars — providing support that will only continue.
- Parvo protection: WCVM researchers are trying to identify warning signs and patterns associated with canine parvovirus — a common, unpredictable and deadly virus that affects all kinds of dogs.
- Pet nutrition has a new home at WCVM: The Nestlé Purina Inpatient Feeding Suite provides a new and centralized feeding area at the WCVM that’s capable of accommodating all kinds of animal diets.
Want to receive the print version of Vet Topics? Send your name and mailing address to email@example.com, and we’ll add you to our mailing list!