Vet Topics (Summer 2020) now online
The Summer 2020 issue of Vet Topics is now available online. Download the PDF. This issue includes the following stories:
- Top award for Takada: Dr. Kanae Takada, a WCVM resident and graduate student is the first recipient of the Dr. Michael Powell Award of Excellence.
- CAHF tuition awards: Seven WCVM graduate students have received annual tuition support from the college’s pet health fund.
- Surgical sage: Small animal surgeon and professor Dr. Cindy Shmon is the WCVM’s 2019 recipient of the Provost’s College Award for Outstanding Teaching.
- Bruce’s happy before and after: With guidance from the VMC’s clinical nutrition team, a malamute-cross dog named Bruce lost weight and gained muscle — welcome changes that allowed him to avoid hip replacement surgery.
- Gift a ‘last act of kindness’: The CAHF’s pet memorial program continues to help veterinarians comfort their clients after the loss of a beloved pet or person.
- Essential animal care: The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre had to shift to only caring for emergencies and urgent case during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of June 15, the VMC is increasing its clinical services to about 25 per cent of its regular capacity.
Want to receive the print version of Vet Topics? Send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add you to our mailing list!