Vet Topics (Winter 2018) now online
The Winter 2018 issue of Vet Topics is now available online. Click here to download a PDF version of the issue that includes the following stories:
- Rapid radiation: RapidArc is state-of-the-art radiation technology that is transforming cancer treatment for pets at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre.
- Radiation therapy buys time for beloved pet: Scott Vosper brought his Siberian husky Koda to the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre for novel cancer treatment and for some more quality time with his dog.
- The protein illusion: A WCVM research team is attempting to separate fact from fiction when it comes to pet foods.
- Keep pot away from pets: Small animal internal medicine specialist Dr. Kevin Cosford urges pet owners to be upfront with their veterinarian if they suspect that their dog or cat has ingested marijuana — a substance that is toxic for pets.
- Understanding X-rays can save dollars and lives: WCVM researchers are evaluating which radiographic view is most reliable to detect air in a dog’s abdomen — a potentially serious issue.
Want to receive the print version of Vet Topics? Send your name and mailing address to email@example.com, and we’ll add you to our mailing list!