The Western College of Veterinary Medicine’s Veterinary Medical Centre is a regional hub for primary and specialized clinical services as well as for veterinary teaching and animal health research. The medical centre also serves as Western Canada’s premier referral centre with the latest in advanced diagnostic and treatment options for animal health care.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre offers the following facilities and technologies to its companion animal patients:
- A closed small animal surgery area, equipped with two surgical suites and an adjoining induction/recovery area
- A small animal intensive care unit (ICU) for emergency and critical care patients
- Advanced diagnostic tools including digital radiography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasonography and nuclear scintigraphy
- A pet radiation therapy centre that’s equipped with a 6MV linear accelerator for advanced treatment of oncology patients
- Minimally invasive technologies, including endoscopy and laparoscopy
- A pet rehabilitation centre that includes an aquatic treadmill.
For more information, please visit the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre.