Vet Topics (Winter 2017)
The Winter 2017 issue of Vet Topics is now available online. Click here to download a PDF version of this issue that includes the following stories:
- Pouncing on a protein: WCVM researchers are conducting research that may someday lead to a better treatment for inflammatory liver disease (ILD), a chronic condition in many cats.
- CAHF research fellows: A brief update on the fund’s research fellowship program.
- Make the gift of a lifetime: A charitable estate gift to the Western College of Veterinary Medicine’s Companion Animal Health Fund is one option that may work for you.
- Pet projects: A listing of the WCVM research projects that have received support from the CAHF.
- Inside look at palliative radiation therapy: WCVM researchers surveyed veterinary oncology clinics across Canada and the U.S. to evaluate changes in pets’ quality of life during palliative radiation therapy.
- Puppy makes remarkable recovery: After a horrific accident, Sharley’s odds of recovery were only 70 per cent — but her owners decided to try surgery that saved their puppy’s life.
- CAHF pet notecards: Check out the fund’s beautiful new notecards that are available for only $20!
Want to receive the print version of Vet Topics? Send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add you to our mailing list!